Prepaid Legal Plans differ throughout
the country depending on the company that
is handling the legal plan. The one thing you
can be sure of is that the attorney handling
your issue is a real lawyer. Regardless of the
legal plan fees you won't speak to a paralegal
or just someone with a law degree. You will
have your issue handled by an attorney. There
are some points to consider however like:
- Is the plan an open or closed attorney
- How long have the attorneys been practicing
- How are lawyers paid through the legal
- Who exactly is covered and when
- Is there a long term contract
- Does the plan cover the US or just your
These are all important questions to consider
when deciding on a prepaid legal plan. For instance,
in an open system there may be claim forms you
have to fill out.
Overall, it just makes sense to have a prepaid
legal plan since every state has different laws
and most attorneys are barred in 1 or 2 states.
In addition, you want to have a lawyer who specializes
in your type of legal situation.